Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A blast from the past...


Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What is CrossFit?

I was asked what is CrossFit, and I gave the usual reply- “CrossFit is constantly varied, functional movement performed at high intensity.” I got a look of total confusion. People are SO ignorant to the concept of CrossFit that even when its’ explained to them, they just don’t get it unless they SEE it in action.
I started thinking, instead of what CrossFit IS, let’s make a few observations on what it ISN’T:
1. It’s not a fad. It has validity. Measureable, observable change that can be repeated.
2. It’s not for everybody. An uncommon dedication to fitness is required.
3. CrossFit is not exclusive. By its very nature its INCLUSIVE.
If you can think of any more, PLEASE post them! Should be some interesting thoughts…
Thanks
-T
Posted by T in 02:33:23
COMMENTS

6 Responses to “What is CrossFit?”

  1. Anonymous says:
    Instead of what I like, I’ll list what I hate about CF-SF:
    I HATE CF-SF. I hate how I’m constantly being challenged to better myself. I hate how I keep getting more and fit as I go more. I hate the friendly competition. I hate the friendships I’ve developed. I hate the fun time I have working out with like minded people. I really do hate how fast and bad a@@ Brad is. I hate how Casey and Emilee are so knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I hate how Tom always wants more out of his athletes. I hate how I feel more fit than ever before in my life. I hate that I was able to clean 30 reps. I really hate pull-ups. I hate the tears on my hands. I hate that I can’t stop coming back.
  2. Anonymous says:
    I hear YA! Totally Agree~
    ~Jessica~
  3. EM says:
    CF-SF *isn’t* about “getting in shape.” It’s about being challenged to do MORE than you would on your own. It’s about being PLEASED, but never SATISFIED. It’s about the friendships & FRIENDLY competition. It’s about the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT after you finish the WOD. It’s the AGGRAVATION you feel when you can’t get your damn pull-ups. It’s about the POWER you feel after completing FRAN!! It’s about pushing yourself to the LIMIT, then coming back for MORE. It’s unbelievably HARD, but it’s about knowing “You GOT this, this is NOTHIN’.” It’s about FRIDAY NIGHTS!!! It’s about BEING THERE for your friends when they need you the most. It’s about New Release WEDNESDAY (I promise, it’s happening tomorrow…). It’s about being HARD-CORE, even when you feel like s**t. It’s about trying NEW things. It’s about collapsing in BETTER shape. And yes… “Getting in shape” is just an added BONUS. :)
    LOVE you guys!!
    –EM <3
  4. Anonymous says:
    Crossfit is most DEFINITELY NOT easy on the hands!! :-)
    Crossfit is NOT the reason I quit smoking… but it damn sure helped!!
    Crossfit IS W.F.Y.U………. yes, we do.
    -Madman
  5. EM says:
    CrossFit – Serious Fitness is about reaching that milestone you’ve been trying to achieve for MONTHS!! Yay Nasty Girls! Super proud of you, TW, and thanks to T & Madman for the encouragement to get me there. Now, here’s to doing a full WOD using no band! :) Bring it!!!!
  6. Anonymous says:
    Vision, commitment, focus. These get it done. Great job. Welcome to the club.
    ARGHHH!

Leave a Reply

1 comment:

  1. Nice throwback! And wow, I've been doing CF longer than I thought I had... time does indeed fly. Love that first comment!

    ReplyDelete