Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Friday, December 10 'Filthy Fifthy'

The 'Filthy Fifty' is a mother grabber, it's true- but it's also a super fun workout that delivers the desired effect. Did you have to just walk away for a few seconds at any point in the session? Things started slowing down during the knees to elbows. From there, nothing went unbroken.

'Filthy Fifty'
50 box jumps, 24" box
50 jumping pull-ups
50 KB swings, 1 pood
Walking lunges, 50 steps
50 knees to elbows
50 push-press, 45 pounds
50 back extensions
50 wall ball shots
50 burpee's
50 double-unders

Eric- 20"  37:54
Bart- 20"  44:55
Alice Ann- 20"/30#KB/35#PP  43:34
Casey- Rx  44:42
T- 20"  28:56

Only one person went as prescribed. Great job Casey. First roll in a while and you toughed out a long grind. I am reminded of some of the fire breathers we have seen at CFSF, one in particular who, when finishing the 'Filty Fifty' went back for more and did it all over again... We will continue to build stamina and work capacity over time, and sessions like the 'Filthy Fifty' will continue to become more manageable.

Efficiency is key. Wasted movement adds time and takes energy. For me, I felt most inefficient at the end, with the double-unders. They slay me. So what to do? That's right, embrace the suck. Get double-unders every day, warming up or cashing out.

Saturday is next and it is a total blast. Thanks for all the wicked strong efforts, and all the fun.

Casey, post 'Filthy Fifty' in a floor lock position, but feeling great. Good night to start back, huh?

http://www.mobilitywod.blogspot.com/

CFSF

3 comments:

  1. Haha, nice!
    One word after this workout: DESTROYED!
    Hell of a workout to come back to after being away for two weeks. I actually think this was the first time I've done "Filthy Fifty". Not sure. Either way, it's a BEAST!

    And sweet time Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear CrossFit SF (a love letter):
    I MISS YOU. I cannot wait to see you again. It's been too long. I dream about you when I can't go. I think I did lunges, box jumps, & burpees in my sleep last night. I miss the bars and the chalk, the coolness of the floor and the heaviness of the Kettle Bells. I miss hearing, "3, 2, 1, GO!!" I miss it all. But most of all, I miss the way I feel after I finish. I think I smell softness coming quickly upon me..... I must come back soon, or I might just die from pining over you.

    Love Forever,
    Burly Girl

    (P.S.) WTG Case, you are awesome!! And Tom, IMPRESSIVE time!! You both ROCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cool, Burly Girl, too cool. You are a big part of CFSF. Glad we have you. Thanks!
    -T

    ReplyDelete